Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oy Vay!!!

I used to be very good at spelling and still am but the keys get hit in a wrong manner Sorry folks.

So here is the deal,
One day I was having headaches that were making me vomit and would not go away and all of a sudden (after multiple trips to the Doc and an MRI, pain meds that were useless, a neurologist that looked confused, and a neurosurgeon that seemed unfazed) I had a needle stuck in my brain and am being told I cannot go back to work until further notice. I am STILL very weak and am so freaked out that I cannot tell which symptoms are psychosomatic and which are genuine. I am changing my diet trying to start yoga and attempting to wrap my head around the fact that my seemingly storybook ending has plot twist like this.
....Not married 30 days and she was diagnosed with a grade 2 astrocytoma on her left frontal lobe; yep right on top of her motor cortex (why I am SO tired). The doc said it looked like it webbed across my brain so surgery is not an option b/c it isn't just a mass.
I do not know if I will have to leave my job, however I may have to take disability. Stephen, give me your fax # and I will get a copy of the pathology report to you and Charlie. Mike and I are looking into MD Anderson in Houston and SPORE Programs for excellence in tumor research in California, Birmingham, and Raleigh, among others. We are going to fight this with everything I've got. IF I GO DOWN I WILL GO DOWN SWINGING!!!!!

AT this point my husbands parents were on a month long cruise. Needles to say we kind of ruined it for them. SORRY GUYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment