On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM, > wrote:
Hey Dad,
My emails may be staggered. I have to get to work by 7am and I sometimes work until 7pm. And by the time I get home, I have walk the dogs (Andrea cannot walk them as far as needed) and work out. So my time is being gobbled up.
Andrea is too apologetic about the situation. I keep telling her that this is what "For better, For worse. In sickness and health" means. When I committed to her, I committed to her. But she is still apologetic. It kind of bugs me that she seems to get tired easy. I think the pain is still bugging her.
She was able to spend time with Veena today. It was good because she was able to get some time out of the house. She went to Starbucks and got a flu shot at Tom Thumb.
I told Andrea to send you some emails. She said she would.
Anyway, we'll find out on Thursday what the biopsy results show.
I'll email later.
Not even going to mess around Connie, your words give me more comfort than you can possibly fathom. I am scared beyond all comprehension and I have no choice but to put one foot in front of the other. This time I really am staring down the barrel of a loaded gun. This is what Ted Kennedy had and it is rare to find these this early. The reason they cannot operate is because it can be compared to candlwax on a gear shaft. My brain has been invaded. On the flip side Ted Kennedy lived to the ripe old age of 70 something right???
Yeah, I am scared shitless
Remember – you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it ………………………………………………….. You’re very tough and YOU CAN DO IT. Don’t give up.
Here are the results. It seems to be an a grade 2 astrocytoma. Right now, the doctor is not recommending surgery. The reason for this is the placement of the tumor, right next to the part of the brain controlling motor functions, which make it very risky for her to lose some functions. We have made an appointment with Dr. Karen Fink on November 2nd. She will look at Andrea's case and determine what type of treatment will be necessary. After talking to Dr. David Barnett, he seems to indicate, by way of his speech and not by actual endorsement, that chemotherapy will be required. But radiation treatment is still on the table we are not sure at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment