Tuesday, January 19, 2010

cancer stats

There are many types of cancer out there and if you have it you know or need to know that caancer causes 13% of all human death per year.

Brain is acounted for one of THE most terminal cancer of all time. But if you look on the stats Breast cancer gets all the awareness what happens to brain cancer pts well, we DIE WITH NO RECOGNITION!!! Thats not fair.

In this chart
Cancer Type                   Estimated New Cases                    Deaths

Bladder                      70,980                                      14,330

Breast (Female - Male) 192,370 - 1,910                         40,170 - 440

Colon and Rectal (Combined)146,970                             49,920

Endometrial                 42,160                                       7,780

Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer 49,096                                    11,033

Leukemia (All)                44,790                                21,870

Lung (Including Bronchus)219,440                                     159,390

Melanoma                         68,720                                  8,650

Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma    65,980                                   19,500

Pancreatic                       42,470                                    35,240

Prostate                         192,280                             27,360

Skin (Nonmelanoma) >1,000,000                                >1,000

Thyroid                         37,200                                  1,630


In this chart lung pancreatic and prostate seem like the most deadly cancer.
BUT THERE IS ONE GLARING EXCEPTION. BRAIN cancer is rare it accts for 2.7% est. of all cancer.

the kind that I have accts for .0x% Of those 2.7% Anaplastic astrocytoma on the left frontL LOBE.
This makes me mad that I have to bring attn to it. I know we can bring this diseas attn. 3 pple in my family have had this particular disease. 1 died the other 2: 1 is in remission and the other is me and I am fighting like hell to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment