My friend asked me point blank what I plan to do with the rest of my life. I thought about that and replied I would like to be an inspiration. But I know now that I will never be as inspiring as another cancer survivor because her blog reaches a ton more people than mine does.
So I thank YOU for reading this.
My old friend Cowboy gave me a card that said forgiveness on it. From the day he gave it to me I have kept it. I had with me at his funeral and I look at it whenever I get angry at someone or something. He gave it to me on my worst day that I can remember. I was so pissed off at the world that day that my speech therapist had me punch a bag and we did not even try to do any therapy that day. At the end of my session somehow Cowboy and I met up and he walked with me out to the car before I got in the car he hugged me and said "It will get better, stay strong." Now at the time the words did not resonate with me I was like, "yeah whatever." However I pass that advice along to anyone that will listen. I still have the card and Cowboy is MY inspiration.
Rest in peace Cowboy. You will NOT be forgotten. I meant what I said to you in the hospital you gave me the strength I needed and you continue to be a guardian angel to me. I thank God that I was lucky enough to have met someone like you. God sure knows what he is doing, even if it doesn't feel like it.
So I thank YOU for reading this.
My old friend Cowboy gave me a card that said forgiveness on it. From the day he gave it to me I have kept it. I had with me at his funeral and I look at it whenever I get angry at someone or something. He gave it to me on my worst day that I can remember. I was so pissed off at the world that day that my speech therapist had me punch a bag and we did not even try to do any therapy that day. At the end of my session somehow Cowboy and I met up and he walked with me out to the car before I got in the car he hugged me and said "It will get better, stay strong." Now at the time the words did not resonate with me I was like, "yeah whatever." However I pass that advice along to anyone that will listen. I still have the card and Cowboy is MY inspiration.
Rest in peace Cowboy. You will NOT be forgotten. I meant what I said to you in the hospital you gave me the strength I needed and you continue to be a guardian angel to me. I thank God that I was lucky enough to have met someone like you. God sure knows what he is doing, even if it doesn't feel like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment