Anniversaries
They say you never
forget the day someone told you those 3 words no one ever wants to hear. I am here to tell you they are right. I've been told it is perfectly normal to
experience symptoms as your anniversary approaches, as well as around the time
of your next MRI. It is stressful.
People will tell you it's nothing, but that doesn't ease the anxiety. Because with any kind of cancer if you get an
unexplained pain it triggers something in the back of your mind that thinks
maybe this is it. Its back. I can't help it and I think it is normal.
Today I woke up
feeling fine. I started feeling nauseous, but chocked it up to hunger. Then I went to the store to get stuff for
dinner. People must have thought I was
drunk because I couldn't walk it a straight line. I was walking diagonally. I got back in the car. That is when I realized that I had a pain
right behind my left eye. It felt (for
lack of a better description) like someone or something was trying to push my
eye out of its socket. I came home took
some Imitrex laid down next to Mike. He
had to open the packet for me. Now I am sitting on the couch typing and my
right shoulder and arm are simply EXHAUSTED.
I think this is all
because my cancerversary (cancer anniversary) is in 1 month and 7 days. But if the symptoms persist for a few days I
will check with Fink.
No one has all the
answers. You have to find what works for
you.
Hopefully my
homicidal child (Snarla) is still asleep.
Take heart and be strengthened as you wage war with cancer.Newton @ Kenyatta University School of medicine
ReplyDelete