Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cancery people need to eat healthy but it doesn't have to suck

So I learned some new recipes that I would like to share. 
Seared Seasoned Brussel sprouts (I HATE brussel sprouts, can't get enough of these)
Buy brussell sprouts (DUH)
Cut in half
drizzle with olive oil
put alot of fajita seasoning on (Made by fiesta but I doubt it matters)
Heat oil Med/high and put lid on (Make sure the pan is HOT when you put the sprout in)
sear sprouts once they are golden brown ad a lil water and put lid back on
Don't cook too long or they will be bitter
If you make it right these are AWESOMELY YUMMY and healthy to boot.

The second recipe is simple 
Slice a piece of squash and zucchini
season with Italian seasoning drizze with olive oil
Shake (to get it all coveredwith the seasoning)
Sautee for about 5 mins on med/high

Hope this helps with kids for christmas and they eat their yummy veggies instead of backwashing them into their milk Like we did. LOL 
Happy cooking

I learned the first from my sister and the second from trial and error.  Squash and zucchini can be seasoned with ANYTHING and it is good.
No on to kale...  Just kidding i have to idea how to cook kale and have NEVER even met anyone that cooks kale.  Though it has got all the nutrients that you need especially when battling cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment