Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life goes on (even if you don't want it to)

     I know what you are thinking... The title of the blog, is she depressed?  No. It is just a fact of life that we have to go on living even when our world seems torn apart.  I have taken up working out.  I tried pilates, hated it, tried spin, hated it.  So I tried zumba and I LOVED it.  I was soaking with sweat and stunk when it was over, but hey that's what showers are for.  I went to cardio dance party, I liked that even more than Zumba.  The problem is they don't offer them every day so some days I walk the dogs down Preston Ridge Trail. 
     I never believed people when they said getting a workout would make you feel better.  But they were right.  However today I was a lazy bum.  I sat on my laurels all day, slept from 10-12.  made lunch of a salad, slept from 2-4.  Walked dogs then made dinner. 

     Mike's parents are coming in town this Thursday.  I have a riding lesson Friday at 330.  Therefore if they want to come to that they are welcome. Tuesday Evening at 615 I take Indy to her agility class.  But I have NO idea what they are going to want to do.  I am making moist pork loin with rice and broccolli, Cornish game hens, Turkey shepherds pie, and something else that I haven't decided yet. 

     I have an MRI on the 21st and an appointment for the results on the 23.  No worries little miss Snarla is still asleep.  If she is not I will just BEAT HER ASS BACK INTO SUBMISSION.  I do not want to do any more surgery, also no more radiation but if they insist on radiation I will comply.  Chemo is no big deal for me.  I feel massive empathy for the people that chemo hits much harder.  Mine isn't the I.V.  it is just 3 pills  I take in the morning. 

     So every day I look up and see Grandaddys' flag and am reminded of just how lucky we are.  I was chopping green onions and was struck by a memory of him. He had a toothache and I was trying my best to get him to take some meds for it,  He did not want to and called me a "Bossy lady".  I got my feelings hurt so I went out to the yard and started pulling green onions out.  When Dad came to pick me up I reeked of onions and after washing my hands 3 times I still couldn't get the smell off.  He was right I am a "Bossy Lady" and proud of it.  I used to get run over all the time not anymore.

     We got a new Blu-Ray player!!!!! The old one was just messed up, it cut in and out and the last straw was when we were watching Megamind and it got stuck.  We were going to get a new one that weekend but before we could Grandaddy passed.  So two weeks later we went to Best buy and picked up a new one.  Now you would think that the new one would work...No.  After 3 trips back to Best Buy we finally got one that worked.  Michael was going to return it too but he figured out how to work it the next morning.  Now you may be thinking "Isn't Michael an ENGINEER?"  Yes he is but he is an Senior RF Engineer that deals with cell signals, not blu-ray players.  Excuses, excuses right?

     People are complaining it is sooo Hot.  To that I say Just wait until August.  I will be a hermit by then.  Only going out in the morning and to the gym.  Humans are just not equipped for a sudden transition from 70s to 90s. 

     I seem to have forgotten all the punctuation lessons from grade school.  I am afraid I am never going to get a job and my paintings aren't selling.  So I have to either stop painting or give them away.  Nobody has any money for frivolous purchases such as paintings.  Albeit some of the proceeds got to Brain tumor research but I will be taking a loss when shipping them.  Any ideas?  One solution is to take them to the Grey Matters meetings and let the other brain tumor survivors pick and choose what they want for free.  I also am afraid that I will take them an no one will want them.  I have been hanging them up in the guest bedroom.  I put nail holes in the walls everywhere and now I am trying to cover up the damage by putting nails in the holes and hanging the paintings.  NO NEW nail holes.  But a big thank you to Bob V for teaching me how to hammer correctly.  I haven't smashed my thumb...yet. 
    
     Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment