Friday, December 17, 2010

not creating a bucket list yet!!!

So I feel great and the horses give me a sense of tranquility.  When I am at the stables I get this big smile on my face.  Horses are used  to routines and if you break their routines they get mad and fussy.  Case and point normally I take Kim out of her stall and into the corral,  then Daffney comes in from her corral into Kims stall, the Dearaz goes out into Daffneys corral.  Well yesterday I did the first 2 steps and then took Cash and Stoney out, Dearaz was so mad she pinned her ears and tried to bite Stoney on the rump as we walked past.  Dearaz wound up being the last to go out.  Normally when I put her in her corral she waits at the gate for me to put her halter up then come back and give her some love before she goes and gets the hay Daffney left.  Man that horse can hold a grudge.  She just walked away and then refused to come when I called.  So I figured if sweet talk doesn't work bribery will.  I was right I gave her a treat and all was forgiven. 
  Jewel is a ham, when I park she sees it as here duty to greet me.  Ebony is sweet as sweet can be she will walk right next to you as you walk thru the corral.  But her owner comes EVERY night and rides her and gives her love and affection.

   People don't realize just how therapeutic horses and humans are to each other.  If you take a kid that has been abused and or neglected and put him around horses they will teach him trust and love and vice versa.
So right now these horses are saving my life...yet again.  As I have always said: God forbid I go to a heaven without horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment