Together In hope
Mike and I went to
the together in hope brain tumor conference this weekend. I met people that inspired me to start this
blog again. I gave a speech to other
people with different types of brain tumors.
Did you know there are 120 diff types of brain tumors??
When I was done, I
looked at my notes and realized I forgot over 3/4 of it. I hit all the important parts though. However, I feel the need to say some of the
things I forgot on here.
Paul Fielding (a 6
time cancer survivor and my personal mentor) gave me the best advice on
handling a tumor. He said, Make friends
with the tumor. Give it a name, keep it
close. You are going to be fighting for your life against it so it may as well
have a name. As most of you know I named
mine Snarla bc she snarled across the top of my brain.
In addition to
volunteering and painting, I took solace in music. Mike just looked at me like I was nuts when
we would get in the car to go to some treatment and I would blare the radio and
car dance.
After I figured
out NOT to put my fingers in the skillet, (yes I really did that) I started to
cook and found it soothed me.
We met some A M A
Z I N G people. Allison Allison (yes that is her real name). Her story is why I write this blog. She is so strong, she has a husband and a
children that LOVE her to pieces. Roslyn
Franken, the motivational speaker and author. On the morning of my talk I was
sitting by myself eating breakfast and she asked if she could join me. Just her being there calmed me down and
allowed me to gather my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment