Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Leaving the past behind

Today I realized that I have some major baggage that I just cannot seem to let go of so I am going to write about it.  Why can't I just walk away?  Leave the past behind me?  Heavens, this cancer is easier to forget than her memory.  I will never see her again I need closure to let this go.  I have no idea how to get closure by myself.  She is attached to a memorable time in my life when I learned ALOT. I learned about myself and how cruel people can be. 

      They say that writing it is cathartic.  I hold firm that they are correct. I will attain closure by expressing my feelings through this blog.  Open to everyone, making me vulnerable as a baby kitten. Probably telling more than you want to know.  More than you need to know is more like it.  Some things must remain private.  "not everyone needs to know everything"  is something she frequently said to me.  OOPS.  Not oops I am not ashamed of my life I will tell anyone anything they want to know. 

     I would give the shirt off my back to someone in need.  I did this in KY while working for brief time at Rood and Riddle, I saw a motorcycle accident and I ripped my long sleeve shirt off and they tied it around his head.  Then I left, shirtless.  I never found out what happened to him but at least I was there to lend a helping shirt,  I looked for a towel but there weren't any in my car.  I am so desperate to help others that I have gotten myself tangled up in messes that I should have just walked away from.  My whole life I have been searching for purpose.

     Now I think I have found my purpose because if this blog helps even 1 person it will all be worth it.  The pain I went through from the cancer and all of the things I have overcome.  My purpose in life is simply to inspire others to help their fellow man.  This world is too full of cruelty and snap judgments.  I know I cannot end all that with just a blog, but this is my part, my contribution to a happier way of life.

     If you read this and you know someone that it could help please pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment